Benefits of being a Skyward Credit Union member.
When you join Skyward Credit Union, you become both a member and an owner. A Skyward membership includes benefits that are unique to our credit union members.
- Products and services developed for your financial well-being
- Significantly better rates and lower fees
- Always looking out for you, not our bottom line – for the past 8 consecutive years, Skyward has paid end-of-year bonus dividends. Each year, at least $500,000 has gone right back into the pockets of our members.
We’re here for you today and tomorrow … to help you manage your day-to-day financial life and strengthen your financial future.
Enjoy some of the best savings rates in the area
- The Share Savings Account gives you one of the best rates in our geographic area with 0.50% *
- Our Aim Higher Checking account helps you earn with a high interest rate with no monthly fee and no minimum balance.
- Our members earn more on their savings with products that allow anyone, from the novice to the experienced saver, to invest in their financial future.
More of the many benefits that come with Skyward membership.
- Free checking – totally!
- A credit card to fit your spending habits
- Auto loans – available with most area auto dealers.
- Affordable mortgage and home equity loans
- Online banking and mobile banking with all the features you need
- 5 branches plus access to 6,000+ shared-service branches across the U.S.
- 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide
Skyward Platinum Mastercard Benefits
With our Skyward Platinum Mastercard, you receive coverage for baggage delays, car rentals, travel accident insurance, cell-phone protection, extended warranties on purchases, price protections, identity theft resolution services, and more. Read more about the benefits of having a Skyward Platinum Mastercard in our Guide.
Preferred Dealers and Discount Programs for Auto Loans
As a Skyward member, you can take advantage of our relationship with area Preferred Auto Dealers for a hassle-free buying experience. Get pre-approved for your auto loan to make it even easier! And we can provide you with a CarFax Vehicle History Report (for a small fee) to help you avoid costly problems when buying a used car. Come into a branch, or call us at 833-759-1941, and our loan officers can help you get on the road. As a Skyward member you also have access to special auto discount programs, from major auto manufacturers such as BMW, Ford, Chrysler and many others, with big savings.
Insurance products specially priced for members.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Skyward offers all new members to receive a $1,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance policy through Minnesota Life Insurance Company, free of charge. You have no cost or obligation for this basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage. To sign up, simply fill out and mail in the form you receive in the mail after your open your account. It must be returned within 14 days to activate your free policy.
Note: You can also add up to $300,000 more of this coverage regardless of your health. This added insurance is yours upon request for $1.00 a month per $10,000 of protection. You can have peace of mind knowing your family has the money they’ll need if they suddenly find themselves without you.
Please make sure your form is completed and returned within 14 days of receiving the offer. For questions, you can call the Plan Administrator directly, at 1-877-420-4888, weekdays from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CT).
Travelers Auto & Home Insurance Program
Membership has it benefits with discounts and value-added options to help you get more coverage where it’s needed. With Travelers Auto & Home Insurance you can bundle varied packages to personalize the policy that’s right for you. Discounts are available for safe drivers, good students, home ownership, and more. For a free, no obligation quote, call 1-800-842-5936 and mention you are a Skyward Credit Union member to get your special savings.
For your auto loan, the last thing you want to think about is losing your car to an accident or theft. If your vehicle is stolen or damaged and deemed a total loss, you are responsible for paying the difference between what you owe and what the insurance company says your car is worth. For peace of mind, Skyward offers GAP (Guaranteed Auto Protection) Insurance that helps cover that difference and can potentially save you thousands of dollars. Additionally we offer a deductible reimbursement (which pays up to $500, unlimited for 2 years on any car or truck that you are listed as owner on the title and insurer) and $1,000 towards your replacement vehicle if deemed a total loss.
Ask our friendly loan officers for more information.
Route 66 Extended Warranties
Add extended coverage for your vehicle with a Route 66 Extended Warranty for autos or power vehicles (such as motorcycles). Even the most reliable vehicle can develop a mechanical problem with high expenses – Route 66 Extended Warranty coverage will protect you against major mechanical expenses anywhere in the U.S. With a zero deductible and 24/7 roadside assistance, it’s the best accessory you can get your vehicle. Come in and see our loan department or call 833-759-1941 for more information.
Payment Protection Insurance
When you take out a loan, you change your financial situation and it makes sense to protect your loan and your credit rating. Our Payment Protection Insurance does that for you. Choose two types of payment protection: Credit Life and Credit Disability. Ask about, and apply for, Payment Protection Insurance during your loan process with us.
National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) Insurance
The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) is an independent agency of the U.S. government that regulates federal credit unions. All member deposit accounts are insured with up to $250,000 of coverage through NCUA Insurance. Insurance is automatic with a Skyward membership--there's no need to sign up.
Additional Member Perks
- On-site notary services at no extra charge
- Prepaid Visa Gift Cards available free of charge
- Voting rights for annual Board of Director elections
- Qualified help with Credit Scores and reports
- Free financial seminars scheduled throughout the year
- Annual Membership Meeting and Dinner