Aim Higher Scholarship
2019 Aim Higher Scholarship Program
Congratulations to all our winners this year!
Skyward Credit Union Announces Six Scholarship Winners
Wichita, Kan. – May 20, 2019 –Skyward Credit Union is pleased to announce the winners of the Aim Higher Scholarships for the 2019-2020 school year. Six undergraduate applicants were selected by committee from a pool of more than 85 applications. Each winner will receive an award of $2,000 to support their education.
2019-2020 Aim Higher Scholarship Recipients
- Alexis Russell of Wichita, Kan., studying Nursing at the Wichita State University
- Tim Dobson of Wichita, Kan., studying Mechanical Engineering at Kansas State University
- Jenny Nguyen of Wichita, Kan., studying Pharmacy at the University of Kansas School of Pharmacy
- Leah Mans of Garden Plain, Kan., studying English at Kansas State University
- Nolan Conrad of Wichita, Kan., studying Biology and Pre-Dentistry at Kansas State University
- Catherine A. McCurley of Wichita, Kan., studying Biology at the University of Kansas
The Aim Higher Scholarship was developed to encourage and support higher education for members of Skyward Credit Union. Thanks to a community grant from the Heartland Credit Union Association, the award amount was increased this year to $2,000 per recipient. Applicants were anonymously selected based on community involvement and an essay about the advantages of credit unions.
Skyward Credit Union has over $280 million in assets with locations in Wichita, Kansas and Independence, Kansas. Membership is current and former employees of Textron Aviation Companies (Cessna, Beechcraft, and Hawker) and their families.
The deadline for this year’s scholarship application has passed. Look for the 2020 application to be published in February 2020.