Resources for Financial Help
Skyward is always here to help you.
Furloughs, lay offs, and loss of income
We know it's hard to keep your head above water when drastic changes happen to your income. But, as your credit union we are dedicated to helping you not only during good times but also through the bad times. Give us a call! We're here to help.
Skyward Credit Card update for May payments
We are skipping your May credit card payment.
If no exclusions apply during the skip a payment period, Skyward will skip your minimum payment due for the month of May. You will see that the minimum amount due reflects $0 on your statement. In June, your minimum payment amount owed will resume based on your monthly due date. Interest charges and fee (excluding late fees) will continue to accrue and be assessed unless indicated elsewhere on your statement. We will continue to monitor this situation closely and be ready to implement additional measures to support you should the need arise.
IMPORTANT: If your credit card payments are setup on automatic payment, your payment will NOT be skipped. Please contact us directly at 833.759.1941 if you wish to skip your May credit card payment.
When you can't make regular payments
When your change in income makes it necessary to cut back on payment obligations, communicating about your situation is the best option. If you don't, you may find yourself in trouble that could have been avoided.
- The first step is to contact us and let us know your circumstances. The more upfront you can be, the easier it is for us to provide options for debt consolidation, rate reductions, or restructuring your repayment period in order to lower payments.
- Keep in touch with us. Let us know if your situation changes. Updates prevent negative surprises for everyone.
Free financial counseling
Skyward offers free financial counseling for all its members. This includes services aimed at helping you maintain financial wellness. Talk to us about:
- Credit report reviews
- Debt consolidation plans
- Investment/retirement distributions or withdrawals
- Mortgage refinancing
- Auto or school loan refinancing.
We know you have a lot on your mind. Our goal is to help you through the tough times so you can be at ease about financial obligations. Call us at 833.759.1941, or contact us online, to see how we can help you.
Financial assistance during the Conronavirus Pandemic
If you are one of the millions of Americans who has lost their income as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, know there are resources to help you get through this difficult period:
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – The website provides a list of benefits and assistance at the state and national level, including help with energy bills, affordable telephone service, and food stamps.
- Unemployment benefits – Use the benefits finder tool to find the kind of help your state’s unemployment insurance program can provide you.
- Student Loan Payments – The CARES Act waives all federal student loan payments until Sept. 30, 2020. Students with state, private and most Federal Family Education Loans will still need to pay monthly bills, but check with your lender to see they have a disaster or emergency forbearance.
- Stimulus check (Economic Impact Payments)– Most Americans will receive a one-time payment from the federal government within the next few months. Each single adult with a Social Security number and an adjusted gross income of $75,000 or less will receive $1,200. Families with children will receive an additional $500 for each child age 16 or under. If you haven't filed a Federal tax return for 2018 or 2019, go to the IRS EIP Payments page to enter your information to receive a stimulus check.
- Tax return – Although the deadline for filing your Federal or Kansas State tax return has been extended to July 15, if you think you will get a refund, file your return as soon as possible.
Helpful resources in our community:
- United Way of the Plains
- United Way 2-1-1: Dial 2-1-1 for toll-free across Kansas to talk with a trained specialist for help. All calls are confidential and answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Sedgwick County Assistance Programs
- Center of Hope
- Catholic Charities
- Guadalupe Clinic Healthcare
- CARES Act Overview of Benefits
Information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)