Certificates and IRAs
Grow your money with our competitive rates.
Save To Win® Certificate
Save to Win® is a special 12-month certificate at Skyward that helps you build your savings while also giving you chances to win $5,000 quarterly prizes, plus monthly cash prizes!
Here is how it works:
- Visit any Skyward branch and request a 12-month Save to Win share certificate and make an opening deposit of $25.
- Every time you save $25 in the Save to Win account, you get another chance to win—up to 10 chances every month.
In addition to the dividends you earn on your savings, you will also be eligible to win thousands of monthly prizes and several quarterly prizes up to $5,000 throughout the year! For a complete list of prizes click here.
Plus, Skyward will award $50 each month and $250 quarterly to lucky members participating in the Save to Win program
When you Save to Win, you not only get a chance at winning $5,000, but you walk away with the deposits you made over the year – plus interest. A definite win-win situation!
You can also visit any branch or call 833.759.1941 to take advantage of the Save To Win program.
Looking for a good rate on a certificate? Our high-yielding certificates are offered at various terms, generally ranging from 6 months to 5 years, with some of the highest rates in the area. Most certificates require a minimum deposit of $1000.00. Check out our current rates on certificates.
Open an account online today! Or call 833-759-1941 or stop by one of our branches for more information.
IRA Certificates allow you to save for your retirement or a child’s future higher education expenses, with tax benefits. Skyward Credit Union offers competitive rates on IRA shares or fixed-term/fixed-rate certificates which allows you to have great earnings potential. We offer the following IRA accounts.
- Traditional IRA – Before tax dollars are invested allowing you to defer taxes on your earnings until you are ready to withdraw. To establish a Traditional IRA, you must have earned income (or your spouse has earned income) and be younger than 70 ½ years old for the tax year.
- ROTH IRA – Contributions are made with after-tax dollars. The contributions are non-deductible and taxed as income the year they are earned. After you have met a five-year holding period, you may be eligible to make tax-free withdrawals based on the distribution purpose. Tax-free distribution purposes may include:
- After age 59 ½
- Permanent Disability
- First-time home purchase
- In the event of the owner’s death
- To establish a ROTH IRA, you must have earned income (or your spouse must have earned income) and your Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) may not exceed certain limits.
- Coverdell Education Savings Account (CESA) – Established for educational needs. Withdrawals are tax-free if used for educational purposes. Minor children must have an established youth account with Skyward Credit Union to establish a CESA. Total contributions in a calendar year may not exceed $2,000.00.
See our rates. For complete details, please visit or contact a Skyward Credit Union branch and visit with one of our Specialists.